Skip to main content

Google IO: Android 12 beta 1 goes live, available on Pixels, OnePlus, Asus, and Xiaomi phones

 

Alongside the Google Pixel smartphones, as many as 10 brands are now offering the brand-new Android version, although in beta.



Android 12 is now available for download as the first public beta on certain smartphones of at least 10 brands. Of course, the Google Pixel series happens to get the new Android version first -- each time, but OEMs have come a long way to finding a spot alongside. Android 12 is the next iteration of the world's most popular mobile operating system, which, according to Google at the Google IO, is now on over 3 billion devices worldwide. And most of the devices are from these OEMs who are working closely with Google to streamline Android updates and make them as timely as iOS. While that may take some time, the ten brands that are committed to the cause include Xiaomi, OnePlus, Nokia, Realme, and Asus, among others.

Each brand has posted a step-by-step guide on how their users can install the brand-new Android 12 public beta on the eligible device. Obviously, the process involves steps that should be carried out only if you have the know-how of flashing ROMs and installing new ones. And the most important part is that you need to ensure you are not installing Android 12 beta 1 on your daily driver. This is the first beta of Android 12, which means it is naturally going to contain bugs and issues that may hamper your phone in many possible ways. No brand, or even Google, recommends that.


Some of these smartphone brands have obviously tweaked the new Android 12 beta 1 heavily to match the theme of their custom skin. This also means that, on a smartphone like Oppo Find X3 Pro, you will not see Android 12 as Google has intended it to be. And that is also why you may not see certain features right away on the Find X3 Pro and the like. I am talking about the new Material You design that you will not see in the Android 12 beta 1 on these phones. At the Google IO, the software giant said that the Pixel phones will get the new design first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Internet Explorer — the web browser that started it all

  Microsoft wants Edge to be your browser of choice for Windows 10, and is finally sunsetting Internet Explorer. Microsoft  is finally putting the nail in the coffin of its  Internet Explorer   browser . As of June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop app will be retired and go out of support for many versions of Windows 10, according to a Wednesday  Windows 10 blog post .  "The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge," the post said, referring to the company's newer browser, released in 2015. "Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older, legacy websites and applications."  

Asus Zenfone 8 will enter India in the name of Asus 8Z, the phone has 64MP camera and Snapdragon 888 processor

Asus  recently launched its flagship smartphone Zenfone 8.  According to the reports, the company is going to launch this smartphone in India under a different name.  The model number of the Indian variant of Zenfone 8 is I006D.          This Asus smartphone launched in India has been seen in the list of devices supporting Google Play.  The name of this phone in this list is Asus 8Z.  The company was about to launch this smartphone in India only last week, but due to Korana, the launch of this phone had to be postponed.  Features and specifications of Asus Zenfone 8 (Asus 8Z) This phone with thin bezels and punch-hole display design has a 5.92 inch Full HD + Super AMOLED screen with 1080x2400 pixel resolution.  The phone's display supports 20: 9 aspect ratios, 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10 +.  This phone of the company comes in up to 16 GB RAM and up to 256 GB internal storage option.  Talking about the processor, in t...

Apple accuses Microsoft of using Epic in legal attack

  Apple made the accusations Wednesday night in a filing asking a judge to make an adverse credibility finding against Lori Wright, an Xbox executive who testified in the trial on behalf of Epic. Apple Inc. injected a new level of intrigue in its bitter court fight with Epic Games Inc., suggesting the Fortnite maker was acting as a stalking horse for Microsoft Corp. and withholding evidence. The iPhone maker made the accusations Wednesday night in a filing asking a judge to make an adverse credibility finding against Lori Wright, an Xbox executive who testified in the trial on behalf of Epic. That would mean the judge could ignore her testimony. Apple asked for such a ruling earlier, but upped its accusations in the new filing. “A reasonable observer might wonder whether Epic is serving as a stalking horse for Microsoft,” Apple said. “Microsoft shielded itself from meaningful discovery in this litigation by not appearing as a party or sending a corporate representati...