Skip to main content

Airtel Rs. 49 Recharge for Free, Double Benefits With Rs. 79 Plan Amid COVID-19 Lockdowns

 Airtel has announced that it will be offering its Rs. 49 recharge plan for free as a one-time gesture for its prepaid customers. It will also offer double the benefits of its Rs. 79 plan. Airtel is one of the largest telecom operators in India and the company says it has introduced these offers to help its 55 million low-income customers in these challenging times. The company says this will amount to benefits worth Rs. 270 crores and will be available to customers from this week.


Airtel offers a few smart recharge plans including Rs. 45, Rs. 49, and Rs. 79. These plans offer the very basics of connectivity options. The company has now announced that from this week, the Rs. 49 plan will be completely free as a one-time gesture, which means a prepaid Airtel customer can get a free, one-time recharge of Rs. 49 without paying anything. The plan includes talktime of Rs. 38.52, 100MB data, and 28 days of validity. After the 100MB data limit, customers will be charged Rs. 0.50 per MB of data use.

“Through this gesture Airtel will empower over 55 million customers, mostly in rural areas, to stay connected and have access to critical information when needed,” Airtel said

Additionally, the telecom operator is also doubling the benefits of its Rs. 79 smart recharge. Typically, this plan includes Rs. 128 talktime, 200MB data, Rs. 0.60 per minute tariff for local, STD, and landline calls, along with a validity of 28 days. While the company has not detailed the benefits of the new offer, “double the benefits” suggests that all components of this plan will be doubled. So customers who recharge for Rs. 79 this week will get Rs. 256 talk time, 400MB data, and 56 days of validity. Airtel has not mentioned if this offer is a one-time gesture.

The telecom operator said these offers are to aid customers who are suffering because of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and the lockdowns put in place because of it. Airtel has not shared the exact date for when these offers will go live but expect them to be available soon as the company says the offers are for this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Internet Explorer — the web browser that started it all

  Microsoft wants Edge to be your browser of choice for Windows 10, and is finally sunsetting Internet Explorer. Microsoft  is finally putting the nail in the coffin of its  Internet Explorer   browser . As of June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop app will be retired and go out of support for many versions of Windows 10, according to a Wednesday  Windows 10 blog post .  "The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge," the post said, referring to the company's newer browser, released in 2015. "Not only is Microsoft Edge a faster, more secure and more modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer, but it is also able to address a key concern: compatibility for older, legacy websites and applications."  

Asus Zenfone 8 will enter India in the name of Asus 8Z, the phone has 64MP camera and Snapdragon 888 processor

Asus  recently launched its flagship smartphone Zenfone 8.  According to the reports, the company is going to launch this smartphone in India under a different name.  The model number of the Indian variant of Zenfone 8 is I006D.          This Asus smartphone launched in India has been seen in the list of devices supporting Google Play.  The name of this phone in this list is Asus 8Z.  The company was about to launch this smartphone in India only last week, but due to Korana, the launch of this phone had to be postponed.  Features and specifications of Asus Zenfone 8 (Asus 8Z) This phone with thin bezels and punch-hole display design has a 5.92 inch Full HD + Super AMOLED screen with 1080x2400 pixel resolution.  The phone's display supports 20: 9 aspect ratios, 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10 +.  This phone of the company comes in up to 16 GB RAM and up to 256 GB internal storage option.  Talking about the processor, in t...

Apple accuses Microsoft of using Epic in legal attack

  Apple made the accusations Wednesday night in a filing asking a judge to make an adverse credibility finding against Lori Wright, an Xbox executive who testified in the trial on behalf of Epic. Apple Inc. injected a new level of intrigue in its bitter court fight with Epic Games Inc., suggesting the Fortnite maker was acting as a stalking horse for Microsoft Corp. and withholding evidence. The iPhone maker made the accusations Wednesday night in a filing asking a judge to make an adverse credibility finding against Lori Wright, an Xbox executive who testified in the trial on behalf of Epic. That would mean the judge could ignore her testimony. Apple asked for such a ruling earlier, but upped its accusations in the new filing. “A reasonable observer might wonder whether Epic is serving as a stalking horse for Microsoft,” Apple said. “Microsoft shielded itself from meaningful discovery in this litigation by not appearing as a party or sending a corporate representati...